Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

Update 1.11

Discussion in 'News & Discussions' started by SirGavBelcher, Sep 25, 2016.

1. SirGavBelcher

SirGavBelcher Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen all the new features for the upcoming update? I know the soartex team is going to have a lot of work on their hands so we shouldn't rush them. They added so much to 1.11 including 3 new villager types (well one is old but was readded) and some cool new blocks and effects. I think contributors should go check out the Minecon 1.11 showcase to get their creative juices flowing so we can help the soartex team :D
    DrumMaster4 and Valsis like this.
  2. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

I like your way of thinking!

Also, welcome to the Fanver fam ;)

Best regards,
    DrumMaster4 likes this.
  3. AeroyrHwrdd

AeroyrHwrdd Well-Known Member

Me too. I got straight onto it to see what they added.

Xisuma had a great showcase video.
  4. Valsis

This Reply I gave to one of our fans might enlighten you guys on how/when this 1.11 update might come out.

Best regards,
    AeroyrHwrdd likes this.
  5. JasonZ617

JasonZ617 Well-Known Member

@Valsis we need to start a new conversation dont you think? wink wink ;) huehuehue
  6. Valsis

@JasonZ617 agree! We might even move to a better place to talk about textures.

But in the meantime do me a favor a read the post above where I'm linking to another post. I'll keep you posted!

Best regards,
  7. SirGavBelcher

Yeah I assumed it would take a while. I played the new snapshots for 1.11 and some of the new animations seem complicated so I understand that it could be a long while. I'm excited either way :)
    Valsis likes this.
  8. dequire

dequire New Member

Hi. Registered to the site to compliment you guys on the awesome texture pack and to encourage you and wish you much success on the 1.11 update project :cool:
    Valsis likes this.
  9. Viz

Viz Member

I've been using Soartex Fanver for so long that now when I play with the default texture pack I actually get nauseous for real!
    I know you all are working very hard to update to 1.11 so, I would like to say thank you to everyone who makes this texture pack. It really is the best!
    I can hardly wait because I pretty much stopped playing due to getting sick without Soartex!
    I don't understand why I get sick. All I know is that its awful so please save me soon! hehe
    Valsis likes this.
  10. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

We'll be making progress soon. I am wrapping up finals, so I am finally getting a chance to catch my breath. Stay tuned!
  11. Valsis

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that Fanver is gradually being updated for 1.11 and we actually have most of the stuff done already.

Maybe we'll have it up for Christmas?! Wouldn't that be a nice gift? ;)

Best regards,
  12. David C.

David C. New Member

Hey Valsis, any update on when can we expect the 1.11 release? :)
  13. Valsis

Hello there David C.

please read the comment above yours for a -possible- eta.

Best regards,
    DrumMaster4 likes this.
  14. Ridzt

Ridzt New Member

1.11.1 has been released :eek:
  15. Valsis

We're aware and we're still not ready for an update as we're severely outnumbered for the amount of things that got released.

We ask you all to be patient and not put pressure on us to get the pack done because that gets us even more anxious and severely pressured to work in this project.

Thank you for your understanding and be patient,
  16. Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam Administrator/ Invictus Staff Member

I spent the last few days preparing an update to Invictus, and a few hours tonight working on Fanver.

Progress on Invictus is here:
    https://github.com/InvictusGraphics/Invictus_Textures/commits/master
    I will be releasing it tomorrow. Feel free to test it and report and bugs- just download the repository as a zip.

On Fanver, I went ahead and made some Illager textures. Some of my textures from Invictus were added to fill out the rest. I also fixed the bugs throughout the model files and Optifine support.

As always, if you want the release to come sooner, then make some textures! We also have a slack, so speak up and send us a message if you'd like to get involved and contribute. When I got started at Soartex, I didn't know what Gimp was.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2016
  17. Ridzt

Ridzt New Member

Checked out the Progress and I'm liking it Shoeboxam. I also liked the new block updates
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  18. SirGavBelcher

yeah apparently 1.11 is huge so they are going to keep doing little releases here and there so I obviously know it's going to take a while to get everything ready so I'm patient. They added so much stuff it really is going to take a while even with help
    Valsis likes this.
  19. ILLBixby

ILLBixby New Member

Thanks for the hardwork guys.
    Valsis likes this.