Welcome to the Soartex forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Soartex Forums! Consider signing up to get involved!

In Progress [1.10] Some little bugs

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ArminC, Jul 10, 2016.

1. ArminC

ArminC New Member

* This aren't bugs specially but for me looks like a render mistake or something like that.. they even could be normal, just look 'bad' for me, so sorry if that is normal ..

Show Spoiler

Details: The lines color are inverting.
    Screenshot: 2016-07-09_19.28.39.png

Show Spoiler

Details: The other 'support'/part of bed isn't redering from a ground level.
    Screenshot:
    2016-07-09_19.40.30.png

Show Spoiler

Details: The chicken have incomplete texture..
    Screenshot:
    2016-07-09_19.31.55.png

Show Spoiler

Details: Looks like the line aren't conected righ, even if the game is in 'pixel style' there should be a good line.. just look at the photo..
    Screenshot:
    2016-07-10_13.43.58.png

Show Spoiler

Details: Dots aren't visible on some parts ..
    Screenshot:
    2016-07-09_19.36.39.png

Show Spoiler

Details: Bug 100% :D | No saddle on horse skeleton .. [You said that this will be fixed in next update]
    Screenshot:
    2016-07-09_18.56.43.png
  2. Valsis

Valsis Lead Fanver Developer Staff Member

Hey there ArminC,

Glad to see you made it to the forum! Now let's talk about your spoilers!
    Spoiler Explanation incoming! (open)

First Spoiler - PurPur blocks:
    • this unfortunately is a game issue, nothing we can do about it as we do our textures all the same way with the light source coming from the top right corner, making the shadow part be part of the bottom left corner. Unfortunately This render issue is more noticeable in some cases than others but, again... nothing we can do about it.
    Second Spoiler - Bed's Feet:
    • This has been going on since beds were introduced in Minecraft, back in Beta 1.3. Again, another game related issue that we cannot fix. We can only make it go away if we ever decided to make a 3D model for beds which, in my honest opinion, won't happen anytime soon, as we do not have have enough people to help us maintain the pack.
    Third Spoiler - Beheaded Chicken (from below):
    • Again, this is a game issue, not pack related. If you do the same view on the other animals, the same visual effect will happen as the head is not attached to the body in the actually texture file. Nothing we can do about it either.
    Fourth Spoiler - Magma Block:
    • I can fix this for the next update. However don't expect it to be out soon as we just released a pack fix during the night.
    Fifth Spoiler - Sea Lantern:
    • Curiously enough I actually did that inconsistency on purpose as I envisioned a block that was underwater for, only God knows how long, so, it might have gotten corroded, giving it texture and inconsistency.
    Sixth Spoiler - Skeleton Horse Saddle:
    • As I said in the fourth spoiler explanation, we released a pack fix during the night and we gave the horses their saddles back. Time to go get it!!
    I hope this helps you understand that, 95% of the things that do not make sense in the game's visuals are actually not our fault (Resource Pack) but an inconsistency on how the game was made to be rendered.

Best regards,
    Val
  3. ArminC

ArminC New Member

Oh my fault, I didn't see the update.. :) I will make a topic if I will see more bugs ;D @ Have a nice day !
  4. ArminC

ArminC New Member

In this topic I will report all the bugs I will see in this pack !
  5. ArminC

ArminC New Member

Show Spoiler

Bug: The left-side of the fence isn't connected up and down + isn't connected corectly with right-side of fence.
    Screenshot:
    2016-07-10_16.05.00.png
    --- Post Merged, Jul 10, 2016, Original Post Date: Jul 10, 2016 ---
    Show Spoiler

Bug: The string isn't connected with the tripwire hook (render problem). [as you can see the tripwire hook is clicked, this mean that the string is working, but the render don't show it :) ]
    Screenshot:
    2016-07-10_16.26.01.png
    --- Post Merged, Jul 10, 2016 ---
    Show Spoiler

Bug: The Cobblestone Wall don't have the squares like the mossy one, but they should look same, except the mossy..
    Screenshot:
    2016-07-10_16.45.47.png
    Show Spoiler

Bug: The bookshelf is purple, that mean that there is no texture, but is.. Is probably caused by Optifine.. You should fix this, because all users with optifine could have this bug. [No other pack have this bug at bookshelf]. (Last Optifine+Last ResourcePack)
    PS: You recommended Optifine to avoid bugs like this :)
    Screenshot:
    2016-07-10_16.52.43.png
    2016-07-10_16.58.41.png
  6. Valsis

1 - Iron Bars
    We'll look into it. Maybe a 3D model in the future will get this solved. In the meantime, you can replace the current texture in the pack with the one in the spoiler below that I just made. However expect visual glitches as they are from in-game rendering issues and NOT pack related.
    Show Spoiler
    iron_bars.png
    2 - Trip Wire
    We'll look into it.

3 - Cobble/Mossy Stone Walls
    This is intentional as we didn't want them to look exactly the same considering they come from different blocks.

4 - Bookshelves
    We dropped support for ctm bookshelf at least one year ago. The new download link will provide a fix for those black & magenta squares while using Optifine. Without Optifine, this "issue" will not happen.

PS:
    Before posting something thinking it's a bug, consider going back and fourth between our pack and the vanilla textures to see if the issue persists even with in-game textures. If the same issues occur with vanilla textures, you'll know it's a game issue and not our pack's issue. Consider testing these without Optifine as Optifine has a tendency to mess with the way we set up our pack.[/spoiler]
  7. ArminC

ArminC New Member

1. I have tested with Vanilla this 'new report'..
    2. You know that 95% of players have optifine, right? So you need to do your best to make a compatibilty betwen this :) + You*I mean soartex.net..* said that we need to use Optifine to avoid bugs..
    PS: So what we need to do (optifine users), play with this bug [bookshelf]? Or you search for a fix?
  8. Valsis

Iron Bars
    I provided a solution in the spoiler in the previous post, yet, if you look at the vanilla texture itself -in game- it renders the same exact way making it look like it's broken. No solution for that with 2D textures.

Optifine
    About optifine users... actually 95% of Optifine users only use Optifine now for the CTM + CIT + Shaders features you can have with it as Minecraft 1.9 and 1.10 had enormous performance enhancements making the game less laggy or unplayable in potato computers.

And no, we do not have to do our best to make our pack compatible with a mod that modifies the core files of the game. Certain bugs that were happening with the Pack itself throughout the course of 3 years came from Optifine. When a bug report is posted in our forum, we test the pack with and without Optifine and 95% of the times the problem comes from Optifine itself so, again, we do not have to make our pack compatible with something that breaks it to begin with.

PS:
    What Optifine users need to do is to download the latest version of the pack that already has the fix for the bookshelf issue. ;) If you want to remove this issue from previous packs, simply go to:
    C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\resourcepacks\Soartex_Fanver\assets\minecraft\mcpatcher\ctm\blocks​
    and delete the bookshelf folder and it's done.

Best regards,
    Val
  9. ArminC

ArminC New Member

I said that I have the last version.. 3.0.1..

* I searched before I post about bookshelf, no for me isn't fixed ;-?
    --- Post Merged, Jul 10, 2016, Original Post Date: Jul 10, 2016 ---
    UPDATE: In last version isn't fixed, "bookshelf" IS NOT deleted. There is a mistake you said that is fixed but isn't.. In next version I hope that you will delete that folder..
  10. Valsis

We're not a big team here Arminc so please take into consideration we do what we can with the little to no time we have from our personal life.

If you want to remove this bookshelf issue, simply go to:
    C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\resourcepacks\Soartex_Fanver\assets\minecraft\mcpatcher\ctm\blocks
    and delete the bookshelf folder and it's done.

Best regards,
  11. ArminC

ArminC New Member

Show Spoiler

The new Iron Bar model isn't ok (bcs that 3d right?)

2016-07-10_19.18.23.png 2016-07-10_19.18.29.png
    @Valsis I know but I make this post, that you can have an info, ok you don't fix now, but when you have time you come here and after that you know what you have to do :D
  12. Valsis

These Iron Bars textures are 2D as we do not have 3D support for them yet.

Yes they look broken now but that is a vanilla rendering issue, not a pack issue. Use the vanilla textures and compare them... you'll see they have the same issue in the same exact places.

Best regards,
  13. ArminC

ArminC New Member

As an INFO: I have deleted the folder and now work perfectly (bookshelf)
  14. artdude543

artdude543 Lead Administrator / Mad Modder Staff Member

The chicken texture is correct to the style of Soartex and matches the base texture with a few pixels taken off. To give our chickens a more friendly feel.

A fix for a few things will be deployed soon as some of the things mentioned as "bugs" are not bugs from the Resource Pack but problems from the game itself.

Like Valsis said, we will not make the Resource Pack compatible with Optifine as this mod modified the core files of the game itself making our pack to break and cause issues with mods in general.
  15. ArminC

ArminC New Member

Show Spoiler

Bug: The string is weird..
    Screenshot:
    2016-07-14_17.58.59.png
    --- Post Merged, Jul 14, 2016, Original Post Date: Jul 14, 2016 ---
    Show Spoiler

Bug: Some part of bar is invisible and the longest bar is a bit to the left, isn't corectly centred to the base..
    Screenshot:
    2016-07-14_18.10.08.png
  16. Valsis

This wont be fixed anytime soon as we cannot put out fixes every day of the week.

Best regards,
  17. ArminC

ArminC New Member

I know, just posted for the next version :)